Prickly Pear Land Trust is committed to the belief that open space is essential to the well-being of all communities. Spacious views, abundant wildlife, and recreational opportunities renew and revitalize our spirits. Maintaining traditional agricultural lands preserves Montana’s cultural heritage. At Prickly Pear Land Trust, we seek to preserve and protect the rural character of the Prickly Pear Valley and adjoining lands in Lewis and Clark, Jefferson, Broadwater and Powell counties through voluntary and cooperative means. Further, we strive to connect people to their natural surroundings though trails and access to public lands.
To inspire connections to the landscapes, water, wildlife, recreation and agricultural heritage of west-central Montana through conservation, now and for future generations.
Our Core Values
In support of our mission, the core values of Prickly Pear Land Trust define our organizational culture:
- Support the enhancement and restoration of conservation values of strategically identified lands.
- Protect and steward strategically identified open spaces in perpetuity.
- Provide easy trail access and open spaces that interconnect our community for all to enjoy.
- Provide information to the community on resource conservation and open space issues.
- Conduct and communicate our business with openness and integrity.
- Be responsive to, representative of, and in service to our community, or, serve those in our community who have interests in open space and conservation.
- Instill a connection with the land that fosters its permanent protection.
Your Gift Makes a Difference