Race Day Details
The race takes place on Saturday, May 13, 2017.
Start and Finish Location
Pioneer-Heritage Park (aka Anchor Park) located at the south end of the Downtown Helena Walking Mall, next to the Lewis & Clark County Library. See Courses for descriptions and maps of the events. Please note that there is no race-day registration for the 30k!
- 6:30 a.m. – 30k packet pickup begins
- 7:30 a.m. – 30k run begins
- 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. – Packet pick-up and late registration for 12k, 5k, and 5k dog walk
- 10 a.m. – 12k run and walk begins
- 10:30 a.m. – 5k run and walk begins
- 10:30 a.m. – Open Space Fair begins
- 10:45 a.m. – 5k dog walk begins
- An awards ceremony will take place around noon
- 12:30 p.m. – DFMI after-party at the Blackfoot (see below)
Overall male and female winners in each distance will win a prize. First- and second-place male and female finishers in each age group in each event will be awarded a prize. The dog walk is noncompetitive. See the results page for past years’ race times. Please “go the extra mile” and solicit support from your family and friends. See our pledges page for information.
- 70 and over
- and 14 and under.
USATF rules apply.
Come to the Third Annual DFMI After-Party!
After the awards ceremony, join us for a special after-party at the Blackfoot. CWG Architects and Blackfoot River Brewing have teamed up for the third Community Partnership to support PPLT and DFMI. The Blackfoot team will be brewing the legendary “E-Trail” beer and it will be released at this post-race event at 12:30 p.m. Join us for the ceremonial serving of the first brew, music, door prizes, and food vendors.